Banning was introduced after the conclusion of I'm A Speedrunner 3, amidst the backdrop of arguing and controversy that arose from it. There are a few reasons as to why someone may be banned:
- Quitting/dropping out unreasonably - Leaving the tournament with no good reason can result in being banned due to the side-effect of disrupting the tournament as a result. If one drops out with a reasonable excuse (e.g. MuddyMaestro in IAS 8) then they will not be banned.
- Sabotage - Acts of deleting videos from a hosting YouTube channel and/or other means of undermining the operation of the channel.
- Rickyman48 - Banned from IAS 9 and IAS 10: dropping out of IAS 5, deleting all the videos from IAS 8. Second strike.
These are people who have been originally banned from a tournament but then got unbanned by doing something.
- Mr100PercentGamer - Originally banned from IAS 6 for dropping out of IAS 5. Was decided to be let back in because Ratchet5 was being nice. Didn't join IAS 6 anyway.
- KingEurope1 - Originally banned from IAS 6 for dropping out of IAS 5. Was let back in due to secks.
- Katrinonus - Banned from IAS 7 and all future tournaments for creeping out CrystalFissure, Nintendogen64 and TheAFH013.
- Supster131 and Heydavid17 - Banned from Running in the Past and all future tournaments for repeatedly cheating in matches and hacking the tournament's channel in IAS 10.