Void is the terminology that is used to categorise a video that is uploaded upon the YouTube of a tournament where only one of the recorded videos are shown within the video. Another case is if both sides from each competitor is present and the match in question is declared as a draw, this can also lead to the original video being void.
Reasons for void videosEdit
- Recording has corrupted upon converting by the user or when receiving the video when downloading it from the file upload service
- The speedrunner has taken too long to submit his/her video to the other person and the time allowed for them to do so has taken too long for the submission date.
- The video had been received but corrupted within the compressing of the video to be uploaded which was meant to be uploaded.
- The video was lost within receiving it or unable to download it from the website.
- The person had raged to the point that they deleted the video or refused to send it
- The person had accidently forgot to record the video
- The match in question is declared as a Draw
Points for void videosEdit
These videos will not allow the person who was not submitted their video to be able to receive any points; where if the video was submitted and either won or lost against the opponent, they will not be able to receive the points for winning if there is no video.
If the video itself was received to the receiver and has ended up being corrupted and unable to be recovered, that person might still be able to still receive points either by evidence of others who was in the skype call while the match was in play or if someone was watching the match in general was physically saw the match being played out; giving backup that the person did or did not win the speedrun.